Monday, February 16, 2009

So many stories, so little time

The hardest part about writing a, almost, daily blog is picking a topic. There is not a dearth of them. There are far too many to limit myself to just one story. Usually, I try to find a way to link several seemingly disparate headlines in to one cohesive, seamless dissertation on the stories that are quickening the pulse of the nation. OK, I just make crap up. Today I am fighting the flu and don't have the spare synapses to make the reach and link the headlines so I will take a quick look at those at the top of my surfing list:

Nancy "we have to vote now cause my plane is leaving" Pelosi is in Rome and the Vatican has confirmed she will be having an audience with the Pope. I hope His Holiness takes the opportunity to slap her upside the head for claiming to be a Catholic while misquoting Church doctrine to support her pro-choice agenda. I don't think a personally guided tour of the Torquemada wing of the museum is out of the question.

The takeover of our Health Care system that is in the Spendulus Package is the beginning of the end for the greatest healthcare system on the planet. I don't know where Canadians are going to go? Congress, in their effort to put in to place Tom Daschl's plan refused to look at how the same type of programs are not working across the big Pond.

As if you need any examples of how it isn't your money, take a look at Kansas! They are out of money so who is first on the chopping block to be cut out? Yeah, the taxpayer. Of course, New York is out of money too but that doesn't stop them from getting increases. Elected officials, they just aren't like you and me; they are special. It could be worse, in Australia even their crap is taxed!

The stimulus package, the one with no Pork in it, will be signed tomorrow in a campaign stop in Denver. I hope they have ham sandwiches. Thankfully, talk radio has been all over this and announcing to everyone what is in this crap sandwich. It might be soon that these voices are silenced. Democrats are all over liberal stations complaining about the lack of alternative voices in the media. Yeah, I know.

Finally, Happy President's day. Here is how AOL is acknowledging it:

No comments: