Tuesday, February 10, 2009

If you can't say something nice....you must be trying to take over the economy.

If I may be so bold as to once again take a cue from Glenn Beck: My head is literally about to explode! Watching the beggars, whiners and women mouthing "I love you Barack" during The ONE's so-called Town Hall meeting and re-election campaign launch in Florida today, I nearly became sick. Is this what our country has become? 1200 supposed regular folk flock (say that ten times fast. Just not in front of the kids.) to ask for houses, health care and, I wouldn't be surprised, backrubs from the Savior in Chief. I hope he does one of these in Utah. I've been looking for a new car and, if I play my cards right, some government employees wife might give me one if I can just shed a few tears in front of the cameras. Hmmm... I wonder if I will have to pay taxes on my "gift"?

I am still reeling from last night's fear cast regarding our economy and the fact that "only government" has the ability to get us out of this mess. Obama was like Robert De Niro's character in Cape Fear tormenting those who got him elected. The protagonist in this remake believed his lawyer withheld pertinent information during his trial which led to his conviction. In a sick plot twist, Obama seems to be the one holding back and his "remake" of the New Deal is one sequel that shouldn't be made.

While lying about the spendulus package's pork laden loins and skipping completely the complete takeover of our health care system cleverly hidden between the lines, the first African American President painted a portrait of a future full of doom and gloom that only the broad brush strokes of an artistically wielded, (hopefully free of foreign dependence) oil brush of government stimulus and control could prevent. He deferred commenting on the new TARP program so as to not "steal the thunder" of his Treasury Secretary, Timothy "I can't use Turbo Tax but I can run the IRS" Geithner. Today Mr. Geithner outlined a plan to spend another target=blanktwo trillion dollars that is so undefined it makes a Monet look crisp. Wall Street reacted by dropping over 300 points.

Continually framing our economic situation as a crisis is working for the administration. The speed at which they say action needs to be taken is evidently a way to try to keep prying eyes from looking beneath the coats of spending to see the true image on the canvas. It is at though the only news reaching the beyond the recently ordained Pearly Gates of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is bad. But we know better.

Before grabbing his palette full of colorful White House reporters and their white washed questions and speaking before a country of Rose Colored Glasses wearing supporters about how business was incapable of getting us out of this crisis without government, the President called Intel CEO Paul Otellini to congratulate him on his company's announcement to spend $7 billion over the next two years building plants in the western United States. They are doing it without government funding. So much for the "fact" that the government is the "only" savior we have. Well, other than THE Savior recently elected that is. The free market can and will work if we continue to let it but the spendulus package is about to paint us in to a corner.

Headlines tout how Mr. Otellini supports the President's plan. Most bury this quote deep inside:

On the other hand, as an unabashed capitalist, I worry as government spending approaches 40 percent. At some point in time we look more like a European economy than a classic American economy. ... We’ve got to be cautious as the economy grows again that we try to let the private sector grow faster than the government sector and get it back to balance.


I guess it would have been a bit too much to ask for the President to share some good news with the masses. If he had we might have questioned just how much we have to sacrifice for this artful plan.

I sometimes wonder why I mention any of this. I should just up and run to a more free Caribbean Island. It is obvious you don't care. Just ask Chuck Shumer.



S2

No comments: