Friday, February 20, 2009

They know where you live!

Despite what you may think, I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh every day. I do enjoy his show on occasion but, being that I have a job, I don't get to hear him all that often. I heard a bit of his show the other day and he casually mentioned he was being audited by the State of New York. I don't know if he's made a big deal of this or not. Either way, I wonder how often he has been audited. How can it be audits happen to people of prominence much more frequently. If you think there isn't an enemies list sent to the IRS by every administration you are as naive as a chimpanzee's owner inviting a friend over to "calm him down".

I've been none too quiet in expressing my fears about the intrusions of this new administration in to every aspect of our lives. I am not worried about an audit. I pay my taxes and, since I am not a publicly elected official, I don't cheat on them. Still, just to be clear, I am not volunteering!!!!!!

Somebody who should worry about his upcoming audit is CNBC’s Rick Santelli. He is a financial reporter who went on a beautifully worded and wholly appropriate rant on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange about The ONE's recent housing bailout program. He went so far as to call for a new Tea Party. I will try to have more on that tomorrow but know that the White House couldn't let this spark of revolt ignite.

White House Press Secretary and Pillsbury Dough Boy double Robert Gibbs called out Santelli by name and, if he knew where he lived, he would have added his address. Here is the relevant snippet:



I dont' know about you but chills went down my spine more coldly than an Ice Fisherman on Lake Erie seeing the ice sheet he was on move farther from shore when Gibbs outright stated in his first sentence, "I’m not entirely sure where Mr. Santelli lives or in what house he lives..." This threat was as thinly veiled as a Scottish Rail worker in uniform and, unlike what I think of the uniforms, I found it offensive.

The Obama administration has a dearth of CEO types but it has plenty of Politicians who play Chicago politics and will do anything to make sure their fearless leader is Untouchable. If his Frank Nitti-esque lackeys don't have Santelli's address already written on a matchbook with intent to pay him a visit, Mayor Daley will soon be able to watch him on his own basic cable network. I wonder if stimulus money will be paying for this and if he'll need to buy an HD converter? TSA is ready for a virtual full body cavity search should he try to flee. In addition ACORN is ready to move in to any house and I am sure are only awaiting orders. My guess is good old Dick is waiting for the President to pony up for his share of the election night bash and then he will have plenty to spend.

Gibbs encouraged folks to go read the housing bill. So I did. You know what? Santelli is right and the White House if full of it! We will soon be rewarding stupidity and poor choices. The lines will be long and the money will flow freely and the situation will not improve. I wish more folks, who find themselves in trouble, would do what this woman did and not look for Uncle Obama to bail them out. I am also hoping tomorrow I will wake up with a full head of hair but that will only happen if the cat sleeps on my head again tonight. No, I am afraid my country has become one of takers.

The calls to end disent are made by every administration and the party out of power always claims they are being silenced. Just remember, it isn't the right calling for everyone on TV who misspeaks to lose his or her job. It isn't the right that complained about a black official being made to look like a monkey. Condi Rice was brutilized but never uttered a peep. It is not the right that is going to soon try to silence talk radio through government control.

I hope someday my comments do draw the attention of those in power. I'd be happy to be the next Joe the Plumber. Not for vanity or narcissistic reasons do I want this. I want it because it will mean that cautions like this are getting out and being heard. None of us can be afraid to speak up. Tell two friends and tell them to tell two friends. In the days of the Revolution they didn't have email (shameless plug" you know you can sign up to receive this blog automatically don't you?) and always on internet connections. They didn't have phones and BlackBerrys and any of the multitude of communication devices. It is time for a Tea Party. Go to Michelle Malkin's page. She has photos of protests being conducted all around the country. Protests that you won't hear about in the main stream media. Find one near you and join in.

Just be sure to waive at the camera and smile. Personally, I will be waiving "one finger" at a time.

No comments: