Friday, February 13, 2009

One picture is worth 1000 pages

I had several thoughts on how to address the passage of the Spendulus bill. My initial writing was going to be about the book reports students are required to do and how they can't possibly expect a good grade or to learn anything unless they actually read the books. Of course, nobody in Congress felt compelled to read the Stimulus Package before voting on it.

I thought about taking an environmental approach and asking how many trees died to make the paper required to print hundreds of copies of the bill in its 1000 page form. Don't even get me started on the ink.

I debated calling the hypocrites in the White House to task for using a government jet to fly a single Senator from Ohio to Washington just so he could be the 60th vote for passage. I guess private jets have a purpose and use if you are the government but not if you are trying to run a business.

Of course there is the breaking of even more campaign promises in the immediate vote on this bill before the public had time to read it. We were told all important bills would be posted on the internet for several days before the President would sign it. I guess the "fragility" (this seems to be the most astute word ever uttered by a sitting President if you watched any news today) of our economy demands concessions be made and everyone must go along.

I read as much of the Spendulus bill very late last night as I could before falling asleep. It scares me. It scares me a lot.

Being that I desire to keep this blog entertaining, light and fun, I best keep this short. I am in no mood for humor. Instead, I will let a picture fill in for the rest of my thoughts.....

No comments: