Saturday, December 13, 2008

First things first!

You can't pick up a newspaper or turn on the news without a headline about the Big Three Auto bailout and the crisis situation screaming out at you louder than a proposition 8 protester walking past a Mormon temple.

I've espoused my opinions on this in earlier posts so you'll have no surprise when I say huzzah and hooray to Senate Republicans and their standing up for limited government in a way they've not had the fortitude to do in a long time. They've been vilified by the unions, the media, true liberal heavy Michael "Canada and Cuba are so much better" Moore and by the Democratic leadership. People like Harry Reid, the senate top dog.


Harry seems to be right on top of this whole crisis situation. After a bill failed to pass today in the Senate, Harry said it was "a loss for the country," adding: "I dread looking at Wall Street tomorrow. It's not going to be a pleasant sight." Then he hopped on a plane back to Nevada for the Christmas holiday confident that George "I don't care that the people's representatives have vote, I'll do what I want" Bush would pick up the slack and use TARP funding to carry the load.

It just seems interesting to me that this huge crisis, the one the Senate has been spending all its time on, can now suddenly wait until January. I'm all for family time but let's talk about priorities here!

Speaking of priorities, I was glad to see in reading this proposal that U.S. District Court Judges were well taken care of. That's right, included in the Auto Bailout bill was a pay raise for judges! It isn't uncommon for completely unrelated items to be included in major bills but that doesn't make it any less aggravating to see it here. Of course the Congress' pay raise of nearly $5,000 was taken care of a long time ago. Remember, priorities. Let's hope poor Harry isn't on his way to Hawaii.

No comments: