Friday, June 26, 2009

When it comes to bad taste, this one is a Whopper

Anyone who has the misfortune to actually know me understands I am, by no measure of the word, a prude. In fact, in decisions of decorum and propriety, I usually err to the side of inappropriate. Or so says Mrs. Bald Man.

I've watched the recent slew of Burger King commercials with the plastic headed crowned mascot playing frat boy type pranks on people whom I assume are, or at least were until the public embarrassment, Burger King customers. I won't speak for any of you but, if patronage of an establishment provides tacit approval for a nocturnal visit from their poster child, I will be choosing my luncheon locations with a great deal of care from now on. However, if it means a midnight romp with their pigtailed namesake, I might have to try the lunch specials at Wendy's a bit more often.

Carl's Junior is the chain most likely to associate their take out menu with the list of services tattooed on the butt of your local street corner solicitor but other chains, bowing to the publicity generated by these type of ads, are joining the fray faster than french fries are consumed at Tubby Goldstiens ninth birthday party. Burger King is now making a play for the most absurd linkage of eating with other orally related activities with a new display ad.



Am I being a knee-jerk conservative when I say I really don't care for this type of advertising? Of course, falling on the heels of this video, what should we expect next, packets of K-Y thrown in our takeout bags next to the catsup?



S2

1 comment:

William Lawson said...

Viva la Vulgarizacion! Not to fret, this is happening everywhere, including sunny Mexico.