Thursday, May 28, 2009

Breakfast is a prescription for health

Thanks to the Federal government, I know not to use my toaster in the shower, not to use the sleeper in the Winnebago while I am the driver and it is still moving down the highway and that those pills designed to enhance that certain part of the male anatomy haven't been scientifically proven to do so. With Big Brother looking out for us, what could possibly go wrong?

I tend to skip breakfast on a regular basis even though it has been stated the world over that this is the most important meal of the day. My initial food consumption every day consists of coffee or a big Rock Star and, if I am hungry, a fiber bar. I suppose I should supplement the caffeine boost with vitamins or the like but that seems like way too much to organize.

Now I guess if I have some morning cereal I will be killing two birds with one stone: a better diet and better drugs! In its infinite wisdom and ever increasing dalliance into our lives, the Feds, in the form of the Food and Drug Administration, have decided to view Cheerios cereal as a drug.

This decision has to do with claims of being a health benefit made by the little oat circle manufacturer. With this logic I guess the Power 90 DVD set, the hiking trail near my house and three glasses of water a day are next on the list of prescriptions my doctor will have to write.

S2

No comments: